- MNTA presented at Canaccord Genuity conference on 8/10/2011.
- My quick notes are below. Check the blog for more detailed notes from other recent events including the 2q2011 conference call and the 8/17/11 webcast at Wedbush (coming soon)
- "We will not try to be the first biosimilar approved by FDA, but will try to get first interchangeable biogeneric approved"
- M118 - have been in discussions with potential partners, but this is not an easy area to partner. We continue to believe the drug is partnerable and is good product with high potential
- M402 - hoping for IND submission in 2011 [language around this program is continuously less bullish and timeline continues to slip]
- Generic lovenox supply chain: heparin from China, processed by sandoz in Austria and API fill/finish.
- q&a was in beakout session and not webcast
We all know that it has been a rough month or two for the biotech sector, fueled by the overall market decline following the debt ceiling debate as well as the biotech sector weakness following $DNDN Dendreon's weak Provenge prostate cancer vaccine sales and resulting 70% drop in stock value. This has resulted in a large list of biotech companies trading at extremely low valuations. While I can't promise that prices won't continue lower, I think now is the time for careful research and evaluation on stocks you may want to own in the coming months. I feel some of the companies listed below are worth owning at today's prices (8/23/11), others may decline even further. For full disclosure, click here for a current list of which stocks I own among those I cover. As always, complete your own research and consider your circumstances before taking any action based on my thoughts.
Keep reading below the jump for my stock by stock analysis: