The latest issue of Nature Medicine features a recap (freely available) of a study performed by Deloitte about phase 2 clinical trials and the consequences of doing them right. Or wrong. Keep reading below for the full details.
To make the best use of my efforts, I've decided to stop maintaining a comprehensive catalyst calendar here on the BiotechDueDiligence site. The information that I have published on the Upcoming Events will continue to be available going forward in a number of different ways:
- BioPharm Catalyst - I recommend this free site as your starting point for basic research on important dates in the biotech space. The calendars and database contain PDUFA dates, FDA advisory committee meetings, and other catalysts for a huge number of biotech stocks - far more comprehensive than the BDD Events page ever was or was intended to be.
- Chimera Research Group Proprietary Database - Subscribers gain access to our database of key events and catalysts for companies we cover, compiled and curated by the entire research team. This resource goes beyond the publicly published dates such as PDUFA, Advisory Committees, etc. We include notes from projections and milestones mentioned on all company earnings conference calls, investor and analyst webcasts, scientific meeting/ research and development day webcasts, and personal communication with company executives. As I hope I have demonstrated by example here at BiotechDueDiligence, you simply will not find more comprehensive and up-to-date information on companies within our core coverage universe.
- Chimera Research Group Scientific Meeting Preview Reports - If you know where to look, you can almost always obtain the details of clinical trial and other research presentations at medical and scientific meetings before they are announced via company press releases. Recent examples include ASH (December 2011), ASCO GI (January 2012), and ASCO GU (February 2012). Subscribers gain access to interdisciplinary commentary and analysis on individual drugs or trials as well as their broader competitive landscapes - before, during, and after the conferences.
- BiotechDueDiligence and HSP90 Inhibitors blogs - Clinical trial presentations (including some that I do not write about for Chimera Research Group), will also continue to be posted on my blogs, either here on this site, or on my sister site dedicated to HSP90 Inhibitors.
Comments or Questions? Please email me!
Have you heard about Chimera Research Group, a research firm that published insightful and actionable commentary on topics related to biopharmaceutical investing? If you have been thinking about checking out our service, now is the perfect time.To make sure 2012 gets off to a terrific start, you can currently take advantage of this special offer:
Click here to learn more and start your free trial now!
- $200 off the price of an annual subscription
- 14-day free trial - no obligation - full access to website and all member benefits
- Free copy of Tony Pelz's Biotech Trader Handbook with your paid subscription