On April 8, 2013, Isis Pharma and Roche announced a new alliance around treating Huntington's Disease with an antisense approach to target huntingtin (HTT). Here are the quick highlights from the webcast (no slide deck):
• $30m upfront and typical Isis option deal with total of $362m milestones
• Royalties are tiered and double digit but stay below 20%
• Initial approach to target wild-type and mutant HTT but could also try to target just mutant form in subset of patients
• Still early preclinical stage, have not yet selected a development candidate for IND enabling studies
• Would not commit to phase 1 timeline (late 2014?)
• As of now Isis only gains access to Roche brain shuttle technology for the HTT target.