- See below for my notes from MNTA presentation at UBS conference on 9/21/11.
- See more MNTA info here and more webcast notes here.
- MNTA currently has 190 employees
- We will report >$300m cash, plus receivable 9/30. will have >$350m at year end 2011 [clearly will depend on when/if Watson and Amphastar launch their generic]
- "I'll get right to the heart of the matter"... competitor Amphastar was approved this week with marketing partner Watson $WPI
- All of our programs remain on track. Because of cash we've built up, we have sufficient cash to carry thru til Copaxone approval. We state that firmly and emphatically
- You ask, well what good was MNTA technology? both amphastar and teva filed in march 2003. So it took them 8.5 yrs to get approval. In contrast it took MNTA less than 5 years. Our ANDA was disruptive, raised standards, "enabled" FDA to be comfortable approving generic Lovenox. The FDA has provided a roadmap. What we do is not work that cannot be replicated, but our methods are patented. We certainly will be moving to protect that IP
- >$300m m-enoxaparin profit share in 5 quarters since launch
- once amphastar product is launched, we will earn low double digit royalty on net sales.
- we have IP around ensuring our product is equivalent to branded Lovenox. We have already sued teva, and are certainly in process of moving forward with how and when to assert IP against amphastar. expect news very shortly. [The lawsuit was announced the very same evening - click for press release]
- copaxone - rulings tend to come out 6-12 months post trial from this judge. We think all defenses will be ruled on simultaneously
- FOB - typical monologue... named PFE, MRK, AMGN, BIIB as having publicly expressed intention to pursue
- seek from partner: significant cash investment in program, process development, manufacturing, sales, marketing contributions. But the key is to have same strategic interest in biogeneric interchangable products. We look forward in the near term to telling you more about what we're doing on that front.
- M118: not puting more money in as we wait and try to find partner.
- m402 hoping for phase 1 1h2012
- Operating expenses in $80-90m per year range, not planning to decrease that or reduce activity on any programs. Royalties received will offset this and we have lots of cash, But we will be in a cash burn situation
- "This is probably a good entry point if any of you are interested in making an investment in MNTA"
- no q&a...breakout session