- Firmenich is a private flavor company and is Senomyx's $SNMX most important partner along with PepsiCo $PEP.
- Click here for SNMX research page (still under construction)
- Here are a few excepts/notes:
- "Firmenich posted record sales for its fiscal year ended June 30, 2010, regaining its position as growth leader in the fragrance and flavor industry amid global restocking after the worst recession in recent history. Sales increased 12.1% in local currencies, 8.7% in Swiss Francs, to reach CHF 2’873 million [~$3.4 billion]"
- "We continued to invest 10 percent of our annual turnover in innovation, as a key to future success. This included the development of new ingredients to inspire new pleasures in taste and smell. We also pursued new ways to support healthier diets through the reduction of sugar and salt in foods and beverages. We signed a new partnership agreement with US firm Senomyx, licencing sweet enhancers to develop Flavor solutions that will help our clients improve the nutritional profile of their products, without compromising on taste. The agreement complements Firmenich’s existing line of flavor enhancers."
- "Ingredients sales posted high single-digit growth, following the trend of the global recovery. In perfume ingredients, we recorded significant growth both in the sale of our innovative specialty ingredients and our naturals, as Fine Fragrance rebounded strongly during the second half of the year. Flavor ingredients also posted a strong progression, reflecting increased demand in foods and beverages. At the same time, the global Ingredients market saw fierce competition, particularly from emerging markets. We continued to invest in the development of unique, high value-added ingredients that support our clients in creating strongly differentiated brands. At the same time, we pursued investments in new methods of producing existing materials."
- "In FY10, we began commercialization of a new sucralose enhancer that we have developed for the flavor market. This enabled us to develop flavor solutions that reduce the use of sugar in a variety of our clients’ food and beverage products, without compromising on taste."
- "Finally, we completed the reorganization of our natural ingredients center in the south of France, which is fast becoming a symbol of our leadership in natural Fragrance and Flavor Ingredients. The site is a center of expertise focusing on research and development in the production of highly innovative and sustainable naturals, integrating sourcing, science and supply"