- Sorry that my twitter feed has been missing most of the day, I'm sure I missed some great stuff and hope they resolve this soon.
- Here are my notes from the Oncogenex $OGXI webcast this morning at UBS conference in London:
- Goal: identify and neutralize mechanisms of treatment resistance in order to get better patient outcomes.
- OGX-011 p3 NSCLC trial will start later this yr
- OGX-427 metastatic bladder cancer p2 trial will start later this yr
- hsp27 respnsible for translocating ar into nucleus, interested in down the road combo with newer anti-androgens
- cash into 2014- enough to complete 2 p3 prostate trials and OGX-427 development plan
- key objective in partnering- ability to fund broad p3 program- three trials will cost $170m total, $140m paid by teva
- Comments on recent unprecedented changes in prostate cancer lanscape:
- Early stage: not much change.
- Prechemotherapy metastatic: impressive improvements from DNDN, JNJ and MDVN large p3 trials in this setting. Same setting as 427 randomized trial
- symptomatic setting:- chemotherapy. haven't seen success (avastin and AZN failed combos w/ docetaxel). This is the population for Synergy trial.
- post chemo: jnj and cabazitaxel. This pop is the one for Saturn trial...seeking protocol amendment
- pain endpt is particularly important for this patient population. bone mets are very painful. new approvals don't have pain palliation (these new agents --10% had 2 point reduction in BRIEF pain index that lasts 3 weeks...vs >50% for ogx-011 in p2)
- met baldder cancer-not a lot of trials going on or recent successes. few p3 trials to compete w. for pts
- q&a session:
- OS results are associated w/ decrease in clusterin levels.
- use cash to bring in new assets? ask ourselves that often. must be better return than the internal assets
Your support is greatly appreciated