- PFE held 2q2011 earnings conference call 8/2/11 - click here for transcript.
- PFE (some via Wyeth merger) licensed rights to or use of Captisol for a number of marketed and late-stage assets from Ligand (see details on LGND research page)
- None of the LGND programs were specifically mentioned on the CC, but PFE did make the following comment re its portfolio:
- "Specifically during the quarter, we took several steps to further focus our resources and develop additional innovative external relationships. Notably, we prioritize the pre-proof of concept portfolio, terminating over 90 programs that we felt outside our priority disease area or were not scientifically or commercially attractive." [But note that the most recent PFE pipeline disclosure update was released back in May 2011]
- Note that on its 2q11 CC, LGND disclosed that PFE had returned rights to Fablyn to Ligand during the second quarter.