- GSK held their 2q2011 earnings conference call on 7/26/11 - click here for transcript link.
- GSK is partnered with ISIS for a phase 1 antisense drug targeting TTR (see details on ISIS research page).
- GSK is partnered with LGND for Promacta, which is marketed worldwide for ITP, is in phase 3 for HCV, and in phase 2 for other indications (see details on LGND research page).
- GSK was previously partnered with Adolor to sell Entereg, but they agreed to return the rights recently (see details on ADLR page).
- For a complete summary of partnerships between big pharma and BiotechDueDiligence companies, check out the Partnerships page.
- Quotes from CC (early stage Isis partnership was not discussed):
- "We only deploy M&A at a small scale, and we only deploy even then when we're convinced that the returns are a superior way to deploy the money. And I think you've seen us resist all temptations to be drawn off that path in the last 3.5 years"
- "Portfolio optimization. We had a big sprawling portfolio in the U.S. We've worked hard...Entereg ended up being too small for us. It's a distraction, so we've given it back to Adolor for consideration. Just very dispassionate, very objective portfolio management."
- "Now you might be wondering why I haven't said anything about Promacta today. The reason we said something about Promacta today, even though we had 1 trial, it was so positive. It was so positive that we felt it would have been just completely wrong to delay sharing that information with you guys. There's no question, Promacta in Hepatitis C are allowing people to use interferer for longer. That's going to be an effective product. We've got one more trial, confirmatory trial to come. But the first trial was extraordinarily positive. Hopefully, the second will be the same. But based on the first, we'd be very surprised to not see that."
Your support is greatly appreciated