- See below for my notes from MYRX presentation at UBS on 9/19/11.
- Find more MYRX info here and more webcast links and notes here.
- each candidate discovered internally. each addresses a large market and unmet medical need. Each is novel, structurally distinct molecule, differentiated MOA - first/best in class potential. COM patents issued or pending on all compounds
- We will focus substantially all resources on advancing these programs and partnering as appropriate to maximize shareholder value
- HSP90 recently completed phase 1 trial in relapsed/refractory cancers. MPC-3100 was found to be very well tolerated (nausea/diarrhea most common side effects at interim). We expect to report data at EORTC in November. [new disclosure of venue]
- We will open prodrug MPC- 0767 IND in 1q2012. We don't believe other companies can create prodrugs based on disclosed structures [they claim this as competitive advantage, but that is not what others would say...see this post for example]. We believe we can rapidly initiate phase 2 program with 0767
- Cancer Metabolism inhibitor MPC-8640 IND enabling studies are onoing, plan IND and phase1 next year (as soon as practicable). This replaced previous lead compound MPC-9528 and has oral/IV flexibility. Co-administration with niacin increases therapeutic index. Very encouraged by ongoing preclinical studies.
- Oral anti-interferon (OAI) - currently optimizing lead compounds to take into clinic
- MPC-485520 current lead- first in class potential, pmole affinity for IKK-e, orally bioavailable. highly selective vs >120 other kinases tested. inhibits IFN response in several animal models, including RA. We will advance lead compound into IND enabling studies next year
- last fiscal year to 6/30/11 burned $33m, expect lower in this fiscal year
- refered to MPC-3100 as "former lead compound". but then said 0767 or 3100 phase 2 trial mid-2012. FDA adivsed that relative bioavailability study could facilitate rapid move into phase 2 for backup [previously this was a supposition only as they had not held pre-IND meeting with FDA]
- q&a in breakout session
Your support is greatly appreciated