Navigate the Astex Pharma ASTX Research Pages
- Introduction (background, summary, links, valuation, financials, outlook, upcoming catalysts)
- Supergen-Astex merger (details on transformative transaction in 2011)
- DACOGEN (aka decitabine, marketed product for myelodysplastic syndrome MDS by Eisai and JNJ)
- AT13387 (HSP90 inhibitor for cancer)
- SGI-110 (follow-on to Dacogen for MDS and AML)
- Amuvatinib (aka MP470 in development for small-cell lung cancer SCLC)
- AT7519 (CDK inhibitor for multiple myeloma)
- Fragment-based Drug Discovery Collaborations (via Astex Ltd side of merger)
- Pipeline (other assets in development)
- Montigen (proposed spin-out transaction info and assets)
- JAK/Aurora Kinase inhibitor developed by Astex Therapeutics Ltd
Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) program
- Novel allosteric binding site idenfied and targeted on NS3 protease/helicase enzyme
- Data first presented 11/2011 at AASLD meeting.
GSK Epigenetics collaboration (Supergen)
- 10/09 partnership w/ GSK for epigenetic therapies (GSK has option to lead compounds plus backups for 2 undisclosed discovery targets (8/10: described as "DNMT targets" one supg was already working on)
- Exercise at or before demonstration of POC of lead [a single option for whatever compounds exist...not one by one]
- $5M upfront (incs 990k shares at $3.03-30% premium), 5 yr research term. $375m milestones- $80M thru option and 65% total pre-approval, 35% commercial, royalties high single to mid double digits (tiered at $0.5, $1, $2B)
- Expect to be cash flow neutral pgm or better- bit no res funding?
- Milestones include: achievement of candidate selection criteria, first dosing in a p1 for lead, followon, and backups, then gsk option fee, the first dosing in p3, us/eu/japan.
- Declare a lead compound within [redacted] days" of effective date- so soonish?
- No competing research allowed by SUPG against same targets.
- Change in control w/ $1b plus company- GSK can immed exercise option.
- 2010 10k: "three patent applications, having projected expiration dates of February 26, 2030, pending in the jurisdictions of the U.S., the Patent Cooperation Treaty participants and Taiwan."
- 2012: deal terminated early.
- First in class oral PIMKinase inhibitor-induce apoptosis
- IND 11/2008. 7/2010 COM patent issued.
- 8/2010: ongoing p1 in prostate and lymphomas (MTD reached w/ qTc prolongation, data 2011)
- 10/2010: refractory leukemias trial start "shortly". Would then proceed to AML/ALL/CML/CLL p2.
- 11/2010: discontinued devel due to QTc prolongation. Program continues to evaluate backup compounds.