Navigate the Astex Pharma ASTX Research Pages
- Introduction (background, summary, links, valuation, financials, outlook, upcoming catalysts)
- Supergen-Astex merger (details on transformative transaction in 2011)
- DACOGEN (aka decitabine, marketed product for myelodysplastic syndrome MDS by Eisai and JNJ)
- AT13387 (HSP90 inhibitor for cancer)
- SGI-110 (follow-on to Dacogen for MDS and AML)
- Amuvatinib (aka MP470 in development for small-cell lung cancer SCLC)
- AT7519 (CDK inhibitor for multiple myeloma)
- Fragment-based Drug Discovery Collaborations (via Astex Ltd side of merger)
- Pipeline (other assets in development)
- Montigen (proposed spin-out transaction info and assets)
- DNMT1 inhibitor, second generation hypomethylator that is a follow-on to dacogen. IND approved 7/10. Also plan to try in solid tumors.
- Once weekly or daily low volume (100 mg/mL) sub-cutaneous dosing
- 4/10 COM patent issued (unlike Dacogen and others on market),
- Eisai has right of first offer to license.
- 1/2011 p1 trial started w/ dose escalation in MDS and elderly AML first escalate to find MTD and then split tx daily or weekly.
- Has rec'd some funding for biomakrer studies from Stand up to Cancer.
- Worldwide hypomethylator market potential $750m
- 2010 10k: "one issued patent and seven patent applications, each having a projected expiration date of September 29, 2025, granted or pending in the jurisdictions of the U.S., the EPO, Israel, China, South Africa, Malaysia, Vietnam and New Zealand."